Oblate Spirituality, founded in and relying upon a loving Providence, is revealed in a deep, personal relationship with God and a manifest love, trust and respect for all.
Oblate Spirituality rests, therefore, upon three great Gospel truths which we embrace with our whole being:
- that God has provided, does provide, and will provide,
- that Jesus, our Brother and Redeemer has suffered, died and risen to enable us to live not only for self, but for others,
- that the Holy Spirit will guide and strengthen us in all situations.
Oblate Spirituality is expressed in these special ways:
- participation in the Eucharistic Liturgy
- continuing and deep reflection on the Word of God
- communal and personal prayer
- an active discernment which seeks the will of God in obedience to the Spirit
- love and compassion for one another
- reaching out to heal the needy, especially victims of racism, injustice, prejudice and greed